The AHS was alerted to an animal emergency involving an alleged drug arrest & other violations of law by a Plainfield resident. When Police entered the premises, they discovered a female German Shepherd in the basement that appeared sick & having seizures. The ACO immediately transported the dog to the Animal Emergency & Referral Associates (AERA) in Fairfield. The dog had suffered grand mal seizures;most likely from toxin exposure. The veterinarians considered her condition guarded.
The veterinarians took a drug/toxin screen & found it was positive for cocaine. After the Shepherd's additional overnight stay, the vets noted no additional seizures & she was eating well.
It is our allegation that the Plainfield resident fed cocaine to his dog to prevent discovery of the drug. The ACO/ACI will be signing animal cruelty complaints against the owner of the dog.
Keema is doing well thanks to the care at AERA and continued care at AHS. It is only through our Res-Q Fund that we can continue to give costly care to those that come through our doors.
Keema is hoping for a new beginning that is unsullied and honorable. For more information, call 609-693-1900 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to File 28642-SF.