A Newark resident brought in a very ill pit bull pup that he said he found. The brindle boy is about 3 months of age and was in need of immediate veterinary care.
There was inflammation and swelling on the side of the face and he was throwing up blood. Since a veterinarian was not on the premises, the very sick pup was immediately dispatched by ambulance to the Fairfield Emergency Hospital. The Fairfield veterinarian called AHS to advise that the pup had ingested rat poison. One of the dogs owned by a vet tech was going to help with a transfusion to the little pup. The Fairfield Vet Hospital has kept us updated with this little patient, who we have named Copper, and he will be back to the AHS Newark facility within the next day or two.
During this time of year, it is especially important to keep dangerous chemicals from kids and pets.
Snow globes contain antifreeze which can be fatal, liquid potpourri can cause serious harm, holiday plants, candles, rodenticides, chocolate, xylitol (found in sugarless candy) can also be deadly -- make it a safe season for your family and your pets.
It is only through your generosity to the Res-Q Fund that we are able to help Copper. Will you donate to our Res-Q Fund and help?
If you are interested in sharing your heart and home with this little boy, just call 973-824-7080 or e-mail us and refer to File 129864.